When is a breast augmentation procedure a good idea?
On February 11, 2017, a 28-year-old woman from Vijayagiri, Kerala, died of a massive cardiac arrest due to severe hypoxemia due to radiation poisoning.
Her condition had worsened after she was taken to the hospital for a hysterectomy for breast cancer.
A postmortem examination conducted by Dr Kunal Kumar revealed that the patient was suffering from severe hypoxic-ischemic shock syndrome (HISTS), which is defined as a combination of a high temperature and high oxygen concentrations.
Her vital signs were stable but her blood pressure and oxygen saturation were at dangerously high levels.
Her condition worsened even further when she underwent a liposuction procedure.
The procedure was performed on the advice of her doctors.
After liposection, the woman had a normal chest and abdomen.
However, her abdomen was swollen and her heart rate was higher than normal.
She was admitted to the ICU with hypoxemic respiratory distress syndrome.
She died in the night.
According to Dr Kumar, the procedure was done on the recommendation of her local anaesthetic specialist and the anaesthetic dosage was not sufficient to maintain the patient’s temperature and oxygen.
She also did not perform any electrolysis, which would have prevented her from passing out.
The patient had been taking radiation therapy for breast growth and development since December 2015, when she was first diagnosed with HISTS.
According to her relatives, she had been on the radiation therapy treatment regimen for several months.
According a report in India Today, her relatives said she suffered from severe hyperthermia and severe hypokalemia.
She had also been receiving a daily dose of a cocktail of radioactive isotopes, including a gamma ray therapy, since August 2015.
Her relatives told India Today that her father died in November last year.
She has not been seen in public since then.
Kumar, the consultant surgeon who performed the liposcription, said the patient had suffered from hypokalaemia for two to three months.
She underwent a hydrotomy on her abdomen, where she had a significant increase in pressure, and a lumpectomy on her neck.
During the procedure, the lipids and the surrounding tissue had a very high temperature.
This resulted in her blood vessels to swell and cause cardiac arrhythmias.
The doctors said that after the lipotomy, she underwent the procedure at the insistence of her doctor.
She had a blood pressure of 170/100, the level at which the level of oxygen in the blood is considered to be safe, and the saturation of her blood at about 90%.
The oxygen saturation of the blood was about 40%, the doctors said.
The surgeon had to repeat the procedure on her chest and on the left side of her abdomen in order to remove the lipo-sutures and the other treatments, Kumar said.
The patients condition worsened, and she died in hospital two days later.
The medical records were also sent to the Kerala High Court, which was asked to decide on her cause of death.
The hospital records showed that the woman was admitted for surgery on February 10.
The case has been registered with the Kerala Radiation Control Board and the State Public Health Department.
This is not the first time that radiation has been used to treat women with severe hypovolemia.
In 2016, a 27-year old woman from Odisha was treated at the same hospital for hypovolaemia after being prescribed a radiation therapy.
In March 2016, several reports of radiation poisoning have been made public.
Last month, a 35-year age woman in Tamil Nadu was treated for radiation poisoning after a colleague at her workplace injected her with a dose of 0.7 micrograms of radionuclides per liter of blood.
Earlier, a woman from Kerala who suffered from chronic chest pain and high blood pressure had her throat slit by her husband.
She later died in a hospital.